Creative player ideas for in-game items, zones, etc.

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Actually, that'd be hilarious.

Get to it, Ryme!
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Hodag wrote:Shouldn't we have something really cool to drive around in, like the Batmobile? Not that it needs to have better powers than the current vehicles, but you want a pimped out ride for lvl 50 heroes.
Oh man, you're in for an awesome surprise, with what Ryme's told me. ;)
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

You can find those in the "other notes" section of your journal. It's curious they aren't on your character page, though.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

I would like to see them on the computer page, actually.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I really don't think those things are important enough to need to feature in more than one place, are they? There will be a little more to both of them than exists now, but I don't see people needing to check those numbers repeatedly, or have access in lots of places.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Have you thought about making certain weapon types have advantages in one area, but possible disadvantages in another? Like, hidden bonuses due to the terrain of the area (urban, volcano, etc.), the time of day, etc. etc.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

While that's hilarious, and appropriate for the person suggesting it, I think the content is just a smidge mature for the baseline audience. Shame, though.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Am I the only one whose first thought on that name was related to plumbing, as opposed to drugs?
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Probably.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I thought about it, but there's too many buttons already, and a third would take up a lot of space. Plus I'd rather have people bid what they want to bid instead of spam the minimum increase button.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

BongBob wrote:
Awww- but, but, but KoL has the same baseline (I guess) and there you get a trophy for 420ing brownies and an IotM gives you mushrooms so you can go on trips :wink:
Actually, I've intentionally tried to keep TH just a little bit cleaner than KoL. They aim for PG-13. I've been aiming for a really-stretching-it PG. That's why there's no booze, I emphasize "beating up" instead of killing foes, and most of the drugs in the game are pharmaceutical instead of recreational. (Yeah, the white pill's an exception, but it calls you stupid for taking it.) I like KoL's style, but with the superhero genre it seemed appropriate to keep it just a touch cleaner.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

It was always supposed to say that. I just forgot when I put it in. It's to prevent sniping and such, and also to prevent people from constantly asking me why it says -0 hours sometimes when the system variability allows it to stay up a minute or two past the deadline.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Stock-to-the-face.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Braiton wrote:I have to agree with doominator. How can you "beat up" someone with a shotgun or a mourning star? Or a sword (Unless you cut 1 of his arms and he is "beaten up")?
You people watch too much TV. You think one bullet always hits dead center and is always lethal. Scattered shot from a shot gun can sting, wound, or disable just as much as it can kill. Besides, part of your job is dragging the foe to the hospital for immediate medical attention if you've hurt them to badly.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

Okay, why not some sort of way to store a buff in an object? I'm sure there is some way to tie this in thematically, there has to be some sorta power leeching machine in some comic out there.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Various power crystals can do the same. Everybody loves Metal Detectors trapped in a shard of magic!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I think you'd need one object per potential buff = lots of objects.

Also, I know it's come up on KoL radio a number of times, and while I can't remember the reasons now I know it's been shot down every time, making me think there are probably some other logistical issues.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Hm. Perhaps the Ebon Eye should let you breathe underwater, too. That would make it a little more similar to the Goggles, and it fits the item, too.

And, since most people go underwater to get the Eye, it shouldn't be game breaking.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I didn't say you *can't* kill them with a shotgun; I said it is possible for a hero to use a shotgun in a way in which it isn't always lethal. Also remember, for the most part you're not up against ordinary human beings--you're talking hardened criminals, mechanical oddities, mutants, etc.

Anyway, my point here isn't precise realism. My point here is that "you beat up the foe" is and always will be the game's answer to how a normal fight ends.