Creative player ideas for in-game items, zones, etc.

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

blackmatter615

Re: Creative player ideas for in-game items, zones, etc.

Post by blackmatter615 »

I think it could be interesting if there was some kind of potion based off the feather fluid that allows for 30-60 minutes of flying. Get to make Icarus references...
zillow

Post by zillow »

Smarty Pants + Groucho glasses = Smart Aleck (sidekick)
Gives: +computer interaction
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

zillow wrote:Smarty Pants + Groucho glasses = Smart Aleck (sidekick)
Gives: +computer interaction
Problem is, we already have Short Round... er... I mean... Smart-Aleck Kid
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

Nice vuvudzella drawing,CN.

Here's an idea for a new outfit:
Fly Fedora
Sadida brand sneakers (without laces, of course)
Phat gold chain
Gold-plated microphone

Effect from wearing one item from the outfit: Risin' (+XP per combat)
Effect from wearing two items from the outfit: Surprisin' (+initiative)
Effect from wearing three items from the outfit: Often Hypnotizin' (occasionally block enemy attacks)
Effect from wearing four items from the outfit: Always tell the truth and never slip no lies in (Um, I don't know, maybe +effects from alignment-based choices?)

Based on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GND7sPNwWko

EDIT: Corrected the initials in the first line.
Last edited by Sanjuro on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

How about a red-and-black Thriller jacket, that you can change into a (much cooler-looking) black-and-red Thriller jacket? I really wanted one when I was a kid, either the red one or the black one.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, type "Thriller" and "jacket" into Google.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

"Emergency Time"

For those days when you just HAVE to do one more thing.

You reach your bedtime, already had all the coffee and sugar you can, and you are 15 minutes from finishing a run. This should be limited to once per day, maybe even once per run. Availability should be limited as well.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Muhandes wrote:"Emergency Time"
This was actually part of the original plan, 4 years ago. You could give up an hour tomorrow to have an extra half hour today. Always seemed too complicated to explain/present as an option to the player.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Sounds difficult to pull of from a coding stand-point (and keep track of it).
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I actually envisioned it as an item. Some kind of pill that will give you an extra 15 mins of wake up time, but at the cost of sleeping over 30 minutes. That would also be a simple way to limit availability.
blackmatter615

Post by blackmatter615 »

From a coding standpoint it seems like it could be rather easy to do, probably just a double flag (when you enable emergency time it triggers 1 flag that causes your next day to start 60 minutes later, and triggers the second flag so it is a one time occurrence, i.e. false false is normal unused, true false is when you use it and it adds 60 minutes, and true true is normal used). From an explanation standpoint I think it would be a good idea to mention the whole job thing, and showing up late generally means leaving late. Id prefer it as an option from the hideout or rest page than an item, because if it was a limited item you would get farmers who sell it in the AH. Even if you make it a one per run item, then you would have to make it untradeable, but then I could just do 3 runs without using it and use 4 in one run. There are ways to combat that too, but if Ryme wants it to be 1 per run the easiest way is to make is a setting in the hideout IMO.

tl;dr Love the idea.
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

When you fight Mister Uh-Uh, he could attack you with radioactive gunk, but you wipe it off with a towel. How about changing the text so that you absorb the radiation with a handful of leaves instead? It worked for Snake-Eyes in the old G.I. Joe cartoon. :D
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Sanjuro wrote:When you fight Mister Uh-Uh, he could attack you with radioactive gunk, but you wipe it off with a towel. How about changing the text so that you absorb the radiation with a handful of leaves instead? It worked for Snake-Eyes in the old G.I. Joe cartoon. :D
Well, the current line is already a joke describing a scene from a more classic cinema moment. I'm not sure how Mr. Bond would feel being replaced by G.I. Joe.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Dyynamo wrote:Item name: The Hayha Rifle
Yeah, Hayha was a Grade A Badass. It's certainly worth keeping in mind.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

Sanjuro wrote: 1. Some Talismans based on that famous heroic team...
-a. Lion Eyes: These glowing cat's eye contact lenses are sure to lionize you and give you Sight Beyond Sight. But for some reason, they make your sidekick really whiney and annoying. Let everybody see them. 'Cause, honey, you can't hide those Lion Eyes.
-b. Cheetah Leotard: This is a one-piece form-fitting leotard that you can wear underneath your regular clothes. And I do suggest you wear some clothes over it. They'll afford you greater freedom of movement, and you'll feel a lot more graceful. However, you'll find less loot. Why? Because cheetahs never prosper!
-c. Panther Ears
-d. Tiger Stripes
No love for the Thundercats?
How about Oculum Felis + Sword of Thundarr = Eye of Thundara
or Fish Whiskas + Fall's Staff = Cheetah Staff
Kurg

Game Idea: Disassembling/unwelding

Post by Kurg »

While playing around with/assembling some new items, I had an idea - what if we could disassemble and unweld stuff without using special items, but at a cost?

Say 2.5 minutes to unweld and 1.25 to disassemble - people would still prefer to use the special items(and perhaps some things could not be taken apart in this way).

The time(or perhaps PP?)cost could also be tied to one of the Gadgeteer Skills - they are supposed to be masters of taking things apart, after all. Improved Tinkering sounds like a good fit - the more points you have in the skill, the less time/PP spent.
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

SQUID implant

Some people are far too obsessed with technology and will go to extreme lengths to become one with any high tech doo-dad that comes along. This is a prime example of the obsession, as well as the latest entry in the realm of mysticism melding with technology. The biggest risk of something like this is realizing that your life has turned into some creepy body-horror style movie made by some Canadian.

Talisman
Item cannot be auto-sold

Allows the use of SQUID discs.
Improved computer interaction.
+1 XP per combat
Take 5 psychic damage per round of combat
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

The LazAvva Espresso Machine

(description)

Requires Coffee Snob badge to install in hideout

Makes Coffee
Like the recyclonizer, during adventures, foes can drop various coffee bean types, milk, cream, sugar, water and other coffee related ingredients. Similar to assembling, you could make different types of coffee. Each could have different benefits, some could have a good turn yield, others could give bonus stats, xp or effects.
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

I like both Cristiona's and Strlikecrazy's ideas. Pretty cool.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Corrupt Shadow wrote:I like both Cristiona's and Strlikecrazy's ideas. Pretty cool.
Thanks. I like Cristiona's alot too, very different from any other talisman we have.

Happened to catch The Simpsons, could steal an idea for an awesome idea.
The Saxamaphone

Something about this Saxamaphone makes you want to play very badly to the tune of Beethoven's 5th Symphony. "Sax-a-ma-phooone! Sax-a-ma-phoooone!"

Ranged weapon (Sonic Weapon)
Power: 100
Level Required: 9

+10 Sonic Damage
+5% of stunning foe
Chance to 'Burst Eardrums'
Burst Eardrum effect could damage either the foe or you as the attacker. Causes -to hit, -offence and -defence.
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Cristiona wrote: Some people are far too obsessed with technology and will go to extreme lengths to become one with any high tech doo-dad that comes along. This is a prime example of the obsession, as well as the latest entry in the realm of mysticism melding with technology. The biggest risk of something like this is realizing that your life has turned into some creepy body-horror style movie made by some Canadian.

Talisman
Item cannot be auto-sold

Allows the use of SQUID discs.
Improved computer interaction.
+1 XP per combat
Take 5 psychic damage per round of combat
This actually looks pretty interesting, except that 5 psychic damage is just too much.
Maybe if this is to be implemented, reduce it to 2 or 3?
Also, with the SQUID change...I think it should have a >100% effectiveness . :D
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Almost all talismans have a penalty. It's up to the player to decide if it's worth it to have the positive effects. That -15% offense on my Bulwark isn't desired, but the rest makes up for it.
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Was not saying it should have no penalty, merely that 5 damage/round this one feels a bit extreme to me.
I see it as much more severe than -15% to a stat, or dodging, especially at lower levels, when fights could take several rounds.
I'm assuming this talisman is meant to be decent at lower levels too, and not designed for high level use.

The +XP and being able to use SQUIDS are nice of course(especially if like I suggested, effectiveness is something like 110%), but I'm not sure they fully make up for the penalty.
There's also computer interaction, but we don't really know what it does so...
Anyway, I think it would be better to have something like 2 points of damage per round and say, a vulnerability to psychic attacks(say, -15% resistance) which would still fit with the item theme.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Edivad wrote: There's also computer interaction, but we don't really know what it does so...
It makes the software fire more often.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

silver comPutty + Emmett McFlie's hoverboard = Silver Surfer's Surf Board

Come on, you know you want it!
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Cristiona wrote:silver comPutty + Emmett McFlie's hoverboard = Silver Surfer's Surf Board

Come on, you know you want it!
I mentioned the silver surfboard before flight was released! That's super hero travel at it's most awesome.
NardoLoopa

Post by NardoLoopa »

Book of Faces
Allows you to "Friend" villains giving you an higher chance of encountering them. Or better, "Friend" Bosses, so that if you lose to the Troutmaster you have fewer combats before you see him again.

[could also be an olfaction analog]
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Wolley's was already just a Cape with the +8 psychic damage instead of PP regen.