The Twilight Heroes Wiki

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Cristiona wrote:There's also the smuggler's box and the seventh of nine, both from the small-time smuggler.
For some reason, I forgot to copy over the smuggler items. I hope 15 boxes are enough to give a rough estimate of what you can expect out of them... I recall a max of 6 items and a minimum of 3, but I wasn't keeping track then.

I'm #229. If you send me a sleeping draught, there's some spices or something in it for you. I'm about to have a surplus, after all :)

The old item IDs are useful for now; I don't think any new items have been added to old areas, and items are ordered pretty much by area, so I've been using it as a checklist. "Yes, I've gotten all the drops from here, now just need to check the chip drops".
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

This might be old news to you guys, but...

If you're adventuring at the docks, you get more chips for selling the pepper juice than for taking the chips option in the shipping clerk noncombat. 120 for the juice vs. 92-109 for the bribe. I didn't spade that range thoroughly, but I got mid 90s pretty consistently.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Jesus wrote:This might be old news to you guys, but...

If you're adventuring at the docks, you get more chips for selling the pepper juice than for taking the chips option in the shipping clerk noncombat. 120 for the juice vs. 92-109 for the bribe. I didn't spade that range thoroughly, but I got mid 90s pretty consistently.
Hmm. Good catch. I probably ought to fix that. Likely the price of pepperjuice will be dropping shortly.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

I'm starting to get a backlog of things to add.

Twilight dictionary stuff -- should we even add this?
Dank and Rusty Maze stuff
the neighborhood sewers stuff
Jitterspout stuff
Electronic computer/instructions
Can't Fight, Gotta Work / Can't Fight, Too Tired messages
Level messages (I think there's three or four different ones)
Elemental skills (gotta remember to subtract 9 for Ember)
Naturalist skills
Categorize items

Not looking forward to that last one.

On the plus side, the Zone pages are shaping up nicely. And since I started using a multi, I'll be able to get the one-time adventures added. And the Naturalists' +item Echolocation skill makes it better for spading.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

JitterSpout Coffee, Lieutenant A.E.P. Bazooko's Military Surplus, The Wok of Stars, Pilant's Hardware and Soft Wear, and Aaron's All-Night Electronics have been put into a standardized format, and all of their item pages have been filled out in the format I've been using.

Probably get to the Black Market, Used car lot, and Sun Coast later tonight/this morning. I'll probably get the Trouble in the Galleria quest one-time adventures, too.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Jesus wrote:Twilight dictionary stuff -- should we even add this?
Eventually? Sure. Right now? I think it can be placed on the backburner.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Categorized the first 99 (by ID) items. Nothing fancy like 'PP increasers', or 'combat useables'. Just all the standard non-misc item types + consumables and weldables.

Still need to add the Dive shop and all Desert areas.

The thing I really want to do is fill in the gaps in the item list, and include their drop locations. So if anyone knows where these things drop, or how to get them...

forcegloves
golf club
cross trainers
knife
steel claws
digital saber
baggy cargo pants
hedge slammer
Zion's helm
duct tape
law suit
high-jump boots
paper machete
kindling
night cap
zapper
Thor's bolts
fortified coffee
weird sculpture
sticky gloves

I *have* a few of these items, but got them before I started on the wiki. I've excluded things I can get ahold of quickly -- talismans -- and things I don't think are available yet. Also kept out rare talismans. If there's something in there that's just not in the game yet (or anymore), please let me know.
IcyFreak

Post by IcyFreak »

forcegloves - Zion's Tears building
cross trainers - black market
knife - neighbouring neighbourhood
steel claws - quest item from the Galleria
digital saber - guild of imaginative metachronisms
hedge slammer - maze. (Where else? =p)
Zion's helm - Zion's Tears building
law suit - This was put into the item DB because we were reading it when we weren't supposed to. D= I think the description is awesome, given the context.
high-jump boots - Also put there for the funny reading.
kindling - combine two rave flyers

I think that's where these items fit. Anyone care to confirm?
Have a nice day.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Rave flyer x 2 is giving me paper mache, just like the political flyer.
I got steel knuckles from the Galleria quest.

Heh. I kept trying to combine the polyester suit with stuff to make the law suit. I figured it was because of that, but I wondered if it might be an actual item. I figure squidopus ink is part of the night cap, but I'm getting no love. And I would guess sarge lack and some pants for the baggy cargo pants, but the Sarge's ID is higher, so that's out...

Demolition derby was on the list, but I learned how to make one while I fiddled around with the above stuff. It's the bomb + bowler.
IcyFreak

Post by IcyFreak »

Might the cargo pants be from the university quest area? I seem to remember, but then that was from almost a year ago, and as you can see from the above post, my memory isn't too good. :oops:
Have a nice day.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

Devant wrote:
sportyspaz wrote:So we knew we would have to deal with this problem eventually, new and old IDs finally need distinguishing, so the question is should we just eliminate the Items by ID page and write the new ID just on the items page much like how kol does it? I am not sure about other options but I think something along the lines of this would be optimal. Other options?
Oh well... I knew thiswas coming the same day Ross anounced ID randomization... Well, my opininion is that currently, it is needless to write down item IDs. They could be rerandomized any time, and as far as the old ones are concerned, the present no valuable infromation, since they can't be used for anything.

On my part, as I have shown you a few months ago, I have made a program capable of instantly catalogizing all the IDs of the items in my inventory (which is nearly a complete collection of the items in the game)

So, I would suggest using a more stable indexing, such 'items by power' or alphabetically listed (or both) since when and if an interest in IDs comes out for any reason, it will be a piace of cake labeling each item properly.
That, or, set up a multi to get one of each item, and then automatically update the wiki based on his inventory :D

So people could just send the multi any new items that are found.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Now I'm down to:

golf club
knife
steel claws
baggy cargo pants
hedge slammer
Zion's helm
duct tape
paper machete
kindling
night cap
zapper
Thor's bolts
fortified coffee
weird sculpture
sticky gloves

forcegloves were from the Zion's Tears demiurge, so I wouldn't have gotten that without a multi.
cross trainers were from the nearby slums
digital saber was from the Guild, like Icy said

Haven't been able to get the hedge slammer to drop again. Maybe it was dropped by an enemy that doesn't appear after that quest?

I've got my main playing at the Sanitarium scrounging up pill bottles. I'm also hoping the paradox naught is there. Seems like a nutty thing. My multi is shooting for the ebon eye of the deep. Unless someone can think of something more productive?
IcyFreak

Post by IcyFreak »

The thing about the hedge slammer, is that the enemy which drops it appears on alternate days.

Way back when we were discussing rares, I think it was decided that the paradox naught was not a rare, merely obscure. I know I listed it as such on the wiki.
Have a nice day.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Obscure? Meaning that you have to be wearing a polyester suit while adventuring in the Docks, and, as long as you have the "utter wretchedness" effect on, you'll get the talisman instead of pepperjuice if you choose the first option, but only if you have exactly 3 fiendish skulls in your inventory?

I had no idea the maze enemies alternated. It's kinda funny that for all the farming I've done there it just so happened to always be on cold bat day. I thought the area changed after finishing the quest or something.

Opinions: Better to organize this chart by caffeination, or time?
(I realize the VR rewards aren't in there. I'll get to 'em.)
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Jesus wrote:forcegloves were from the Zion's Tears demiurge, so I wouldn't have gotten that without a multi.
Before the Zion Tears quest was put in, the Demiurge was a regular, if rare, monster in the area.

VR rewards are Scalpel Energy Drink (pretty sure that's for Flight Sim), Bray Energy (Sports, I think), and a chip reward that appears to be 10% of what the game says you generated for the Empire Builder one.

I believe Passable Pilot is the first reward on the Flight Sim.

There should be ten levels on each game; each level is... um... 4 rounds long? Going on memory here.

Flight Sim is: XP based on level, +1 Int, or +1 Ref
Empire is: XP based on level, +1 Str, or +1 Int
Sports is: XP based on level, +1 Str, or +1 Ref
(I just checked these values)

Incidentally, looking for the Hedge Slammer, I ran into the most disturbing item ever: spooked credo.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

I've been trying Lost in the Dank and Rusty Maze for the last few days, and as far as I can tell, it's slick thug, gruesome teen, and cold bat with NO alternation.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

And without the sandles, its thick slug, green twosome, and bold cat.

The drops seem to be the same regardless, though.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Well, that leaves 'band that heeds you', which is credited with the drop at the old wiki. If that doesn't appear after the quest, I guess that means no hedge slammer.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Sadly, I don't have any characters in position to run through that test. Suppose I could make a scrub account...
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Mostly I stay out of this wiki stuff, but just wanted to remind y'all that unless you object strenuously or are really impatient to be nailing down details, I'll be resetting all the quests with Beta in two weeks. That reminds me, I've gotta make another thread ....
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

*shrug* Might be nice to leave some things for new players to add.

Speaking of which... was there any special policy about spoiling merit badges? I've got the text for the ones I've earned, but I've been holding off on adding it. I was thinking that would definitely be something that would be better to let new players add. Thrill of discovery and all.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Computers! OMFG new content!

Applying forum rules about new content to the wiki.
I've got the page set up and ready to go with what I know so far, though.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Merit badges: Same as the other stuff. 48 hours for new (or newly discovered) ones. But remember, the wiki will be hidden and unmentionable for the first 48 hours of Beta as well. Other than, if someone else says we should get one, it's okay to say we have one and that it'll be back up soon.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Tomorrow, barring any unforeseen craziness, Jesus will become a Psion. I was going to do this so I could have the Level Mechanics page through 30 without those gaps... but this coincides nicely with Beta and the quest reset coming so soon. I am sooo looking forward to seeing how the transmogrifying goes.

I wonder if I slapped on the Thunder in a Bottle beforehand, if the -2 PP would be win for a fresh character. In fact, that talisman seems really good for a Psion, since the drawback is -melee damage and I gather they're not big into that.

I'm also curious: Among active players, has anyone actually switched classes yet?
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Yes, I've gone from a Naturalist to a Gadgeteer. Interesting switch, I might add. :)
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Jesus wrote:I'm also curious: Among active players, has anyone actually switched classes yet?
Not recently, but I had an alt that has cycled through every class. That was kinda fun, especially when changing didn't nuke your buffs... was running around with buffs from every class.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Wow, this is really cool. Between Thunder in a Bottle and a pandimensional scepter, the cost of Telekinesis is 1 PP for ~21 damage. Nice to have that (close to) out of the box. Now I'll be able to hit the Psion section of the wiki.

It looks like changing still doesn't nuke buffs; I carried over like 800 minutes each of all the Elemental buffs (all 3).
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

That's weird. It's supposed to kill 'em...

Maybe when things were reworked (and our buffs were killed), it mucked something up.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Fine by me if it gets fixed again. All those carried over buffs have worn out :)
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Since I've been playing through large portions of the game again, I have a ton of intro/miss/hit messages from enemies. I'm putting off adding the stuff to the wiki because I don't know if we have a standard we want to adhere to.

There's a set-up on the Lokhar page and a different one on the Road-enraged bike courier.

As far as I've noticed, the critical and fumble messages are generic, and a bunch of creatures only have intro text... And I'd rather staple my hands together than spade item drop percentages.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Jesus wrote:It looks like changing still doesn't nuke buffs; I carried over like 800 minutes each of all the Elemental buffs (all 3).
\

Weird. I tested it today and it worked properly for me -- buffs are nuked, computer stuff isn't. I'll have to do a little more digging, I guess.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

I heard their are 2 wikis, both rubbish atm but still. Anyone?