Bedtime Problems

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Whoops, I misread the "not including caffeine" line. Still, the baseline is just a baseline. If you're going to talk about turncount, you need to include caffeine to get an accurate picture. Plus adrenaline rushes when you level up, plus given just a few days you ought to get a reward which increases turncount even more.

No, you still don't get anywhere near as many turns as KoL, but I'm leaving room for more increasers. One of the higher-level quests will speed things up even more, and there will be better grades of caffeine and more (though rare) adrenaline rushes or things that are equivalent. Leaving room for future expansion (near future, I hope), means I've got to be conservative about it to start.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

HelplessLlama wrote:Indeed. I don't think I've gone to bed before 11 in years.
Ah, to be young again...
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Ah, to not have to get up at 6 a.m. for work ...
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

has this whole week off. >:)

Also, being a superhero as a job...will probably make you a very suspicious person. You gotta have SOME kind of cover.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

HelplessLlama wrote:
Giggles wrote:The only comment I had when first entering was, 10:30? Who the hell goes to bed at 10:30?
Indeed. I don't think I've gone to bed before 11 in years.
Do you engage in the extreme physical activity that our supers generally do, night after night after night?
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Ryme wrote:Ah, to not have to get up at 6 a.m. for work ...
I've been finding it entirely acceptable to go to bed at 2:00 am and wake up at 6:00 am for work. That's been pretty much my schedule this year.

Of course, I don't have Saturdays so much anymore. But I wasn't going to do anything great with that time anyway, so sweet, sweet oblivion is welcome then.
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

TheRy wrote:There is nothing wrong with the whole bedtime system, considering the whole back story of the game. But what I find annoying is how the fame will tell me that my bedtime is 8am or later but at around 6:55 ish it says I am too tired and have to go to bed; and yes I do still have extra turns left to play. I dont' know if its a bug that limits how long you can play or it yer bedtime is just set at a particular time or what
There's a whole bunch about this in the manual (which I strongly suggest reading) about this sort of thing. As mr "live long and do not try" SpockYoda points out, there's a difference between the "too tired" message and the "you have to work now" message. One would be a bug, but the other is normal. If you're getting the bugged one, let me know.