Bringing down retcon times

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

Re: Bringing down retcon times

Post by Cristiona »

+items certainly helps, as does access to +noncombat gear. Running +FT or other forms of +XP will be a big help. If you're using caffeine or sugar, be sure to use the best stuff you have easy access to for your level. Also, sources of -time are always good.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Non-combat gear will certainly help, as will the Stealth skill. The easiest sources of non-combat would probably be the Rolled Dahl Doll, and Garcia's Traffic Avoider on your computer. During your run, you'll likely get a few pouches of squidopus ink, which can be used when needed, even if they're consumed.

Other consumables to keep an eye out for would be Smoke Bombs from the black market and Flash Powder from Hyde Park, which will give you free runaways.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

+FT and +XP items are probably the biggest thing I use to speed up runs, as well as always having +non-combat and +combat ready to go when needed.

The more skills you perm the easier the above will be. Stealth, Arua: Magnetism, and Sinus of the Shark will give you half the +combat/non-combat you need and increase chances of getting the quest adventures faster. Software for each is also available, making it even easier.

Experience and finding the little shortcuts through quests is another big speed increaser. If my runs go over 30h I'm usually cursing the RNG or just not trying, and I know there are things I could do to speed it up another couple of hours that I just don't bother with. To quote Lxndr, they're "too fiddly" for me.