So... what exactly IS kangaroo punch?

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

So... what exactly IS kangaroo punch?

Post by Cristiona »

It's not a normal Naturalist skill, but it doesn't seem to be a spell either. So what the hell is it?

Normal Naturalist attack skills (charge, trample, maul) still trigger weapon effects, such as the Iron Scythe's foe-weakening effect. Kangaroo Punch, on the other hand, doesn't trigger it. Which, I guess means... it's a Gadgeteer-style skill?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Re: So... what exactly IS kangaroo punch?

Post by Ryme »

It's a very accurate combat skill that results in a punch. You're not using your weapon, so no weapon effects are involved. The others are combat skills that result in weapon attacks.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Hm. Do +melee damage effects (like from the Spiked Gloves) apply? And, if I had a draining or weakening effect from a non-weapon source (like an accessory) would they apply?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I think +melee does, but I can't remember. I think I remember specifying the details somewhere. Or expecting spades to spade it. There may be a cap.